In case of mild vitiligo (Leucoderma) – just a few white patches on the unexposed body parts, some people prefer not to disclose about their vitiligo issue to the future life partner and in-laws. They don’t consider it important enough to be discussed before taking the final call on marriage.
Well, it can be very risky!
There are many real-life examples where people opt for divorce because they feel cheated when they got to know about the vitiligo problem of their life partner after marriage.
Derma Matrimony: A matrimony website for people with vitiligo (leucoderma) has been launched. People with vitiligo (leucoderma), psoriasis and other skin issues can register free on this website to meet someone with same or similar skin condition to get married. Click here to register and meet your dream soul-mate.
Hiding about Vitiligo (Leucoderma) before marriage can lead to Divorce
- A legal advice sought by a man for divorce on Lawguru.com as his wife hid her vitiligo problem at the time of marriage.
- Another legal question posted on pathlegal.in have the same query. The family of groom wants divorce as the vitiligo skin condition of bride was not revealed before marriage.
- One more legal query posted on darulifta-deoband.com had a similar story. This 30 year old Muslim guy felt cheated that he and his family were kept in dark about the vitiligo issue of his wife.
- In the below High Court judgement, the husband has filed for vitiligo on the ground that her wife’s vitiligo skin condition was concealed at the time of marriage. They approached each other through newspaper matrimonial classifieds. The detailed judgement can be viewed here.
- Below is the online matrimonial profile of a 38 year old divorced women from Belgaum, Karnataka, India and she has clearly mentioned that leucoderma (vitiligo) is the reason for divorce from her first marriage.
- Another matrimonial profile at a 32 years old man from Mumbai, India states that he got divorced as her wife’s vitiligo condition was not disclosed before marriage.
Low level of social awareness about vitiligo is the problem
Vitiligo is a non-fatal and non-contagious skin condition. It is non-communicable in nature and cannot be transmitted to the other partner by living together or making physical relationship. Also, the hereditary component of vitiligo is quite weak (around 20%) and most probably, it will not pass on from parents to the kids. So, apart from altering the physical appearance of a person, it doesn’t have any serious complications. However, the medical world is still working to find the exact cause and cure for vitiligo, hence, it is a lifelong skin condition.
Due to the lack of a concrete treatment, there are numerous myths prevalent in the society which puts marriage of people with vitiligo at stake. General public consider marrying someone with vitiligo risky and finding a suitable match becomes a big challenge for people with vitiligo. According to an article published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, many people with vitiligo consider it a significant barrier in getting suitable marriage offers. That’s why, some people take this risk of hiding about vitiligo during marriage discussions.
Our Advice to you
Even if your parents or relatives advise you to keep it a secret, just make it clear to your future life partner and in-laws about your vitiligo. If they seem interested, explain them that vitiligo just affects the appearance and it’s not medically dangerous. If they are not ready to accept, just let them go.
You would find a better match, sooner or later. You know, an early rejection is far better than a post-marriage breakup or divorce. After all, it’s the matter of your whole life. So, please don’t commit such a foolish mistake.
Derma Matrimony is a matrimony platform for people with vitiligo
Derma Matrimony is an online matrimonial platform for people dealing with skin issues like vitiligo (leucoderma), psoriasis and other chronic skin issues. In fact, it is the world’s only matrimonial website dedicated to people with skin issues. So, what are you waiting for? Register now and meet someone interesting with whom you can spend the rest of life with comfort, love and freedom from the feeling of insecurity.
It is a safe, secure and genuine online platform where you can search and discover your life partner dealing with same or similar skin condition.
Marrying someone with same or similar skin condition would ensure that you don’t need to worry anymore about your skin issue for the rest of the life. It would set you free from the fear of judgement and feeling of insecurity. You and your life partner would understand each other better and would accept each other with all the love and warmth.
Marriage is a lifelong commitment between not just two people, but two families. If both the partners have similar skin condition, then their family members would also behave more sensibly and accept them as they are.
Website URL of Derma Matrimony: https://dermamatrimony.com